With the World Cup officially upon us (controversial penalty and all) it's time to start getting ready for the US Men's National Team to take the field and prove to the world that they are for real. Here's my predictions for World Cup 2014. Note: These predictions are based on nothing but dreams (some wet) and hopes or, as some like to call it, hopes and dreams. Note on the previous note: None of these predictions are that far-fetched either.
- The US will get out of the group by finishing second to Germany.
- Clint Dempsey will become the first US Men's player to score in three World Cups.
- Tim Howard will be the best goalkeeper in the tournament.
- Quarterfinals? Yes indeed. Belgium wilts under expectations in the first knock-out round.
- Michael Bradley will be the best overall US player and will excel in a more advanced role.
- Fabian Johnson will be the hottest commodity of all the US players after the World Cup despite his recent move to Borussia Moenchengladbach.
- Matt Besler will play well enough to make himself a target for European clubs.
- Julian Green will play, and play well, in the game against Germany.
- Jermaine Jones, Geoff Cameron and Alejandro Bedoya will all miss games due to yellow card accumulation.